Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing 4. Photosharing with Flickr

The Library From a 4-Year Old's Perspective


Favorite Comic Books, originally uploaded by JuniorLibrarian.

I had a little extra fun with this project. My 4 year old son, we'll call him "X", helped me out. X has pretty much grown up in the library. When he was a baby we bought a second Pack 'n' Play so he could go to work with Mom. When he was old enough to start talking, he was the official greeter, saying "Hi" to everyone who walked into the library. Even now he typically spends 4-5 hours per week at the library, he's graduated to pulling the books out of the book return. I knew he needed to spend the morning at the library today, so I sent the camera along with him. I asked him to take pictures of his favorite things and things he thinks are important at the library. The above picture is of one of the superhero graphic novels he loves to read while he is there. On the right you'll see a Flickr badge that has the rest of his photo session.

I like Flickr. We have a pro account for our personal use. I'll admit that I don't use it much, my wife is the photographer in the family. It was good to take this opportunity to explore. I found and joined the "23 Things On A Stick" Flickr group. I geo-tagged the photos I uploaded and searched and found some pictures people had posted from our area. I know our library also uses Flickr to post pictures from their various events. Its probably one of the better Web 2.0 tools.

I hope everyone is enjoying their 23 Things Flickr experience as much as I enjoyed hearing X talk about all of his pictures.

No comments: