Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thing 1. Set Up Your Blog

I have blogged before, but generally I do a few posts and then abandon it. Its generally a low priority. I've used a few different blog sites/software. They have definitely come a long way in the last few years. I like Blogger because its very flexible. You can publish to your own hosting space if you want, you can edit the css if you want. So its good for the advanced user, yet easy enough for the beginning user. You can create a decent looking blog in just a few minutes.

I'm not excited about the Yahoo! Avatar thing. I thought they were all pretty cheesy. I guess I'll probably replace it with a picture at some point. I know, the teens/tweens are probably using the avatars and that is why we added one. Well, as long as I have that bit of cheese on there, I decided to throw a weatherpixie in the sidebar as well. :-)

1 comment:

aurora said...

Welcome to 23 Things on a Stick! I agree with you about the avatars, so I was quite amused that you decided to up the cheese a notch.

You probably found it already, but if you want to see the other SELS members' sites you can find them here. I know a couple of the members are really looking forward to a community, so feel free to comment at will.

Aurora Jacobsen from SELCO