Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 13. Online Productivity Tools

I have setup iGoogle. I don't login to it very often. Mostly just if I'm somewhere and don't have a laptop with me, or am on my ultra-portable PC. It gives a decent starting/aggregation point for the resources I use the most. I can see at as good resource for someone that doesn't have a PC at home and uses mainly library computers.

This is a bit of a re-hash of previous blog posts, but I think the Google calendar app is awesome. You can read Thing 9 to find out how I use it. Plainview Public Library uses it within their website as their events calendar. I think that is one of the great applications for a library. I do have a Remember The Milk login, but I rarely use it. The Google calendar does SMS to/from my cell phone, so I don't really need the other one any more.

I also subscribe to the Lifehacker RSS feed. They are constantly reviewing GTD apps and posting productivity hints. They are a great resource for that sort of thing.

No comments: