Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 9. Online Collaboration Tools


For this thing I decided to take it one step further and actually do my blog post from within Google Docs. Did you know you can do that? I've been using the Google apps for a while. I even have a Google Apps For Your Domain account. My wife and I heavily use Google calendars so we can both edit the family calendar, and I also created a separate work calendar. I can either view them one at a time or both together. It's a lot handier to be able to look at our home calendar while I am at work. A lot easier than setting up a dedicated webcam pointing at the calendar on our wall at home. :^) Regarding Google vs. Zoho, I think Zoho has a better feature set, but I'm more likely to use Google because I do so much other stuff in Google already.

I think online collaboration tools can be very useful in any organization, including libraries. I think its a relatively untapped resource that is finally starting to get some traction.

No comments: